What is Technitium?
Technitium MAC Address Changer allows you to change pc MAC Address of your Network Interface Card (NIC) instantly.
It has a very simple user interface and provides ample information regarding each NIC in the machine.
Every NIC has a MAC address hard coded in its circuit by the manufacturer. This hard coded MAC address is used by windows drivers to access Ethernet Network (LAN).
This tool can set a new MAC address to your NIC, bypassing the original hard coded MAC address.
Why Do you need to change pc mac address?
One may ask why do you even need to change pc mac address?
The need to change your mac address may arise if your current mac address has been blocked by the administrator of the network you normally connect to.
If you change your Windows computer, or only the network card, and the access to the internet from your ISP is restricted based on the MAC address, it is easy to change MAC address to the old one and continue the access where you left off before the change.
- How to recover deleted files using Recuva
- Uninstall a program using command prompt
- How to disable Windows Defender
- How to fix PES 2013 Game plan error
Change PC mac address using Technitium
- After downloading the file install and launch the program,
- Select the network adapter you wish to change its mac address,
- Click on random mac address or you can enter anything you want,
- But you can’t use the same mac address for two systems in the same network,
- Then click on “Change now”.
You may need to restart your PC so changes made will take effect.
Thanks for stopping by and remember sharing is caring.