If you are here then you must be looking for a way to block numbers block a number from texting or calling you. Ranging from spam calls to unwanted calls/text we got you covered in this article.
There are many ways to achieve this, and believe me, this could be done from the comfort of your dialer or a third-party dialer app like Truecaller and the likes.
How to block numbers using Google dialer
If you are using google dialer as your default dialer, then it’s time to say goodbye to unwanted and spammy calls. Follow these steps to block numbers
- Open Google Dialer
- Go to your recent calls list
- Tap any number and select ‘Block/report spam’ (you might not need to check the report spam checkbox because doing that will send the number to google and other possibly to carriers to suggest adding that number to spam filters)
But if the number you want block is not in your recent calls list then
- Tap the menu button next to the microphone icon at the top of the app
- Tap settings
- Tap Blocked Numbers
- Tap Add a number
- Enter the phone number you wish to block
How to block numbers using Android dialer
You can also block numbers using your default dialer
- Launch the Dialer app
- Slide to recent calls/contacts
- Click on the human avatar before the number you want to block
- Then tap the 3 dots on the right end of the contact
- Tap ‘Add to Blacklist’ You will be notified that number has been added successfully If you wish to unblock the number just follow the same steps and Tap ‘delete from blacklist’.
Read Also: How to backup your phone contacts online
How to block numbers using Truecaller(Third-party)
- Download Truecaller from Google Play
- Launch the Truecaller App
- You will need to register for first-time users
- Now navigate to the contact or number you wish to block and tap on the Block button
- You can go to the Blocking tab If you wish to block all known spam numbers or configure Truecaller to block other numbers.
After blocking a number in Android, you will no longer receive incoming calls or text messages from that number, though you might see them in your call log. Messages from blocked numbers don’t show up in your Messages inbox and you won’t get notifications despite them still being sent to your phone rather they’re just saved in your Blocked messages inbox.
Remember sharing is caring. Feel free to use the comment box if you have any questions.